Lenten Poem XI

Inspired by the work of Andrew Roycroft (pastor and poet from Northern Ireland), I am attempting to offer Lenten poems in the style of medieval poets writing thirty-three poems, each thirty-three words long; one word for each year of Jesus' life.  Collectively, they serve as commentary on the life of Jesus, focusing on His final week.  Blessings.

I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.” (John 14:18–20, NIV)

XI

Passion Week - Thursday, The Upper Room

How do you

say farewell to others?

How to say 

you'll share no summers?

How to spare

the grief to mothers?

Teach God's trust,

sacrifice for others,

gift the Spirit,

make them brothers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lenten Poem XVIII

Despair

Sleepless